BAR COUNCIL OF KERALA
(Statuary Body Constituted under the Advocates Act, 1961)
Bar Council Bhavan
High Court Campus Ernakulam-682031
Invites applications for appointment of Secretary, Bar Council of Kerala on permanent basis.
1. Name of the post: Secretary (1 post)
(i) Be a citizen of India.
(ii) Be an advocate whose name is enrolled in the Bar Council of Kerala having completed ten years standing as on the date of this notification.
(i) Pass in MBA/ CA/ Company Secretary/ any course of study in Office Management and Administration from any recognized university in India.
(ii) Degree in Commerce.
(iii) Minimum 50% marks for Graduation in Law.
(iv) Good proficiency in Computer operations including Accounting.
(v) Good proficiency in drafting & communication in English and Malayalam.
(vi) Practice as an advocate in the area of service, labour, tax and constitutional matters
(vi) Experience in office management / administration, computer operations, accounting.
3. Age not more than 45 years as on 31-10-2022 with usual relaxation as provided by the Government Orders.
4. Pay-Scale: Rs. 63,700-1,23,700 plus admissible DA and HRA from time to time.
5. Application fee Rs.5000/-(non-refundable).
6. The required application along with remittance of prescribed fee shall be done through the website of the Bar Council of Kerala www.barcouncilkerala.org
7. The last date of Receipt of application: 20.11.2022 at 5 PM.
8. Selection criteria:
(i) Awarding of marks
(a)Written Test – 50 marks, (b) Qualifications – 15 marks, (c) Experience–10 marks and (d) Interview – 25 marks
(ii) Written test would be aimed at testing knowledge of the candidate in (a) Labour Laws and Taxation Laws including precedents, Advocates Act and Rules; (b) Office administration with emphasis on MOP (Manual of Office Procedure);(c) Commercial Accounting and (d) General Knowledge.
(iii) Depending on the number of applications that may be received within the prescribed time, if there is unduly large number of candidates, a shortlist will be prepared of the candidates for the purpose of further process of Selection after Written Test. The short listing will be based on the mark obtained by the candidate in the written test.
9. The candidate would be bound to produce the originals to prove of their claims in the applications as and when directed by the Bar Council of Kerala.
10. To make the application, the candidates may log in to www.barcouncilkerala.org. Downloaded application form together with the copies of all the certificates shall be forwarded to the undersigned so as to deliver at the office of the BCK before 5 PM on 20-11-2022.
Bar Council of Kerala, Ernakulam